Friday, August 14, 2009

Summer

Hard to believe that summer is coming to an end in 3 short weeks. The kids will be headed back to school and the days will become cooler (yeah). This summer so far has been a lot of fun. A lot more relaxing than I had planned on but I am ok with that.

We have done a lot outdoors as evidenced by the kids' sun kissed skin and new collection of freckles. Me? I am still white as white can be :) Backyard pool, neighbor's cool inflatable slide pool, endless doggie park trips (our second home), hiking.

Friends have been a big part of our summer. Trying to get in as many playdates as we can, playing with old friends, and making new ones. I am amazed at how many calls come in for the kids. It warms my heart to know their friends love them as much as we love their friends.

Swim classes every week. The kids are improving by leaps and bounds and can't get enough of the water.

My first year of veggie gardening. Quite proud of myself! Green onions, lettuce, tomatoes, basil. I want to expand my garden for next year. No more little pots, I am thinking big plots!

Dama working less. Getting home in the early evenings has been great. Lots of time in the evenings to go on bike rides, to the park, play games, practice Japanese.

It has been a lovely summer!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails