Here is the scoop! You will need:
- Modge Podge (I used Gloss)
- Foam brush
- Glitter (I used Martha Stewart)
- Insulated cold or hot cup
- hot glue gun and glue
- eyelet setter
- strong hole punch (ie: Cropadile)
- acrylic sealant
- coffee sleeve (or use this template with cardstock)
- fabric to cover coffee sleeve
- ribbon to tie on the sleeve
- embellishments of your choice: the blingier the better!
1. With a foam brush, paint modge podge all over cup in an even layer. Sprinkle glitter to cover the modge podge (do this over a paper plate to re-use glitter). Shake off excess glitter.
2. Allow to dry (I let mine sit about an hour near the heater) and repeat 2 more times.
3. Once it is completely dry (maybe leave several hours or overnight), spray with an acrylic sealant. I used DecoArt Triple Thick Brilliant Gloss Glaze. This sets the glitter. Make sure you handwash only!
4. Next, make the sleeve. Unglue the coffee sleeve and cover with fabric using modge podge or a glue gun. Make sure that the areas where the eyelets will be (on the ends) are not too bulky so you can get the hole punch through it.
5. Punch 3 holes on each end and set the eyelets. String through some cute ribbon like a corset. This allows the sleeve to be removable for cleaning of the cup.
6.Next, bling it up using glitter picks (from Michael's), feathers, flowers, initials, beads, ribbon...whatever you like! Make it personal and over-the-top! These are meant to be fantastic. Adhere all of the bling with LOTS of hot glue.
Imagine these for your friend as a Birthday gift, a fun New Years cup, Girl's Night Out, Secret Santa.