Sunday, December 30, 2007

A New Project

This project turned out really well but was a royal PITA.


My brain does not like puzzles, putting things together, making pieces fit. Anyone who knows me knows I am not very precise with things and this one really tested me. I loved the concept and the finished product, but the process was really painful. I should not that the star is not flat, it is a dimensional barn star.

I had to actually make the pattern for the pieces, I wanted them all to be uniform and similar. It would have been a lot easier to cut each pictures to size in unique shapes and put them on the star but I wanted a pattern throughout, and each arm of the star to be the same. So I decided to torture myself and make a pattern and then try to fit my pictures onto each piece (I am getting the sense this is not making a whole lot of sense).

The pictures are printed in 8x10 size. You need a total of 10-13 and a mix of horizontal and vertical, but if you try this at home I recommend using mostly vertical ones. They just fit on the pieces better. Modge Podge to stick them down and to coat/seal on the top (I have not done that yet).

I have the pattern if anyone is crazy enough to do this at home and I will gladly give you the pattern. The end result is gorgeous and it was all worth it. It took me probably 5 hours total, and that does not include selecting photos. It will take you much less since you would have a pattern.

Thank goodness The Boss approved!

6 comments:

Anonymous

Beee-uuuu--tiful!!
Can't wait to see it in real life!

Anonymous

It's gorgeous! Very ambitious today! I don't know if I'm brave enough to try it, I'm afraid I'd screw it up. But maybe if I had a pattern already done for me! :)

Michele

I would love to have this pattern! I found your site through Valerie at From the Trenches of Motherhood.

Your stars are outstanding. I hope everybody loved them.

Thanks!

NMarr

If you are still willing to share, I would LOVE this pattern. I also found your blog from "Trenches of Motherhood." If you are willing, you can email the pattern to my email id as shown.

Heather~sheaaa6

If you are still willing to share, I would love this pattern! I love the way yours came out and Valerie at From the Trenches of Motherhood also came out neat.

Aimée Dillon

I would love to have a copy of your pattern! It's so beautiful and <3 perfect for a gift for my husband on valentine's day (we only just got married a little over 2 months ago). Thank you so much. aimee.the.great@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails