Friday, January 7, 2011

Rough Start 2011


My New Year did not start out smoothly. For 5 days, I was knocked out with some kind of bug. It wasn't the "flu", but probably a stomach flu or virus. I don't think I've ever had it stick around that long.

Being in bed for 5 days was pretty surreal. It's not something I ever remember having to do. Thankfully my husband was off for 4 of those days and took care of everything. The house, me, the kids. There were times where I just lay in bed and listened to the conversation in the living room about what they were going to have for dinner, or what they would do that day. It was pretty strange to be out of the loop for so long! We also had houseguests during this time! Our friends stayed overnight one night and Dama did the airport pickup and drop off too.

Baxter held vigil on my bed. He definitely knew something was wrong. He stayed close and would bark when someone entered the room. Love the little guy!

The kids were so sweet. They did everything they could to help. They did many things to cheer me up. I missed them a lot!

I tell you, we really have nothing if we don't have our health. Everything else can be worked on. But being healthy is something we often take for granted. I am really so grateful that we all are healthy on a regular basis (knock on wood).

So I feel like my New Year is just starting! Happy New Year to you all!


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails