Friday, November 4, 2011

Beautiful Girl

My friend Liz had a quote on her blog that really reminded me of Ellie:

"The least strained and most natural ways of the soul are the most beautiful." -Michel de Montaigne (French Renaissance Writer)


Her Dad and I often talk about the joy that comes from a little girl who follows her own heart and instincts. I know we have a long way to go, but her choices are always hers at the moment and I really hope it continues! She is not swayed easily by the influences of others. Sometimes this works against me :)

She's not afraid to wear mismatched socks. She doesn't mind if everyone around her is doing one thing and she is doing another. She doesn't get embarrassed by anything about herself. She plays what she wants to at recess.

It is really wonderful to see her choosing her path, following her heart and being such an original girl. We always can tell her choices come from her natural self and from her beautiful soul. She really is unique and knows how to follow her heart.


1 comments:

Heidi

Alyssa has been like that very much until this school year and I'm rather sad to see it changing. We just had a long talk with her trying to encourage her to do what SHE likes and like was SHE likes and not be influenced too much by other friends. She's now becoming more aware of what other people wear or like and it's hard to see her start to feel peer pressure. We are trying to help her find her own middle line and to keep her own voice in all of this. Her individuality was always something I've loved about her and how she always marched to her own drummer (though it drove me crazy sometimes too), so I really don't want to see her change too much. Love my STRONG girl and want her to stay that way! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails