Monday, April 14, 2008

Someone Special is 4 Today

I loved you from the very start,
You stole my breath, embraced my heart.
Our life together has just begun,
You're part of me my little one.


When I first saw your precious face,
I prayed your life be touched with grace.
I thanked the angels from above,
And promised you unending love.



Each night I lay you down to sleep,
I gently kiss your head and cheek.
I count your little fingers and toes,
I memorize your eyes and nose.
I linger at your bedroom door,
Amazed each day I love you more.



Through misty eyes, I dim the light,
I whisper "I love you" every night.




I loved you from the very start,
You stole my breath, embraced my heart.
As mother and daughter, our journey's begun,
My heart's yours forever, my little one.


3 comments:

Anonymous

How sweet! I love that poem. Happy Birthday Ellie, you are one special girl!

Vicky

Anonymous

Happy Birthday, dear Elise!
I Loved being part of that special day 4 years ago!--driving at top speed at midnight to get there on time and to take care of Lucas while you were on your first big journey into life!
You are indeed an amazing little girl who brings smiles and joy to everyone!
Enjoy being 4, Elise.
Love you LOTS!
Grandma

Great words and pics Julie! You too are a pretty amazing daughter and Mummy!
Love, Grandma oxoxoxo

Anonymous

She just gets cuter every day!

I remember getting woke up to a phone call that you were in labor. And then another one that it was a girl!

I think Zachary and I made record time to the hospital to see you!

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails