Friday, January 15, 2010

Valentine Banner

I made a cute Valentine banner for my hallway table yesterday. Very easy and affordable!

You need:

1 roll of crepe paper streamers (I used white)
2 colors of cardstock
ribbon
glitter
glue
chipboard letters

First, we will make the crepe paper rosettes. I cut about 40 cm (16") of crape paper and folded it fan style. Fasten with a staple as close to the edge as you can.



Pull the ends together and fasten at the top on the backside with a little tape.



Make as many as you need for whichever phrase you decide to use.



Glitter the edges. I used Martha's Glitter Glue and Martha's glitter.



Layer on 2 circles. Base is a 4 1/2 inch circle, then the rosette, then a 3" circle, followed by your glittered letters.

String it onto some co-ordinating ribbon. The method I used for this was to use an exacto knife and cut 2 slits close the the top of the circle and thread it through.


Happy decorating!
Related Posts with Thumbnails