Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Little Bird Told Me

Howdy strangers!

I am not sure how many of you are aware but I try to have a one touch rule when it comes to my mail. This means that I pick it up, touch it once, and deal with it. If that means I read it and it goes in to the recycling right away, I have accomplished my system of organization and clutter control.

Well, I am in the dog house now! 2 of my very best friends have cut me from their card lists this year!

I have been a little too ruthless with Christmas cards. Here is what I do. I pick it up from the mail, read it, adore the photo, get warm feelings for whomever sent it. I take time to look at the card and read the sentiment. Then, I recycle it. It goes into the bin.

I do, from time to time, keep photos. But what I don't do is make a little Christmas card display, keep them in a box to look a later, make ornaments with them, shove them in my window blinds, use them in my scrapbooks.

It's not because I am heartless. It is simple: I am trying to control paper from taking over my life.

Not everyone keeps Christmas cards. I enjoy getting cards. I just don't need to hold the card to keep your beautiful sentiments in my heart. I love you!
Related Posts with Thumbnails