Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Keeping Summer Alive

One of my favorite things about summer is the fresh produce available and grown in the garden. The tomatoes, the green onion, and especially the fresh basil that I use in so many dishes. I finally got around to preserving some of that. Fresh basil is one of those things I wish I had on hand all the time so I bought a bunch of organic basil specifically to freeze it.

It's so easy and has been wonderful to have! I just cleaned the basil, took the stalks off and put it in the food processor with olive oil. Chop it all up.



Some instructions call to put it in ice cube trays but we don't have one so I packed it in small snack baggies to freeze in individual portions.

Yes, I know this looks kind of suspicious but I SWEAR it's basil ;P


So far I've used it in pasta sauce, tomato salad and it tastes just as good as fresh!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails