Thursday, May 8, 2008

My Friends

Today, I am feeling pretty blessed by the friends I have. I am very lucky to be literally surrounded by friends in all aspects of my life. I think every person in my life is in it for a reason and I cannot think of one reason that has gone unanswered.

I have a friend who would take my kids at the drop of a hat, no questions asked, and is always there when I need her help. She knows a lot about many things and cares very much about being a wonderful friend.

I have a friend who I know is always thinking of me, even if we don't see each other very often. I know that when I call and tell her I have had a bad day, that she is thinking about me long after the phone call has ended. I feel very loved by this one.

I have a friend who I know cares about me deeply and that I will be lifelong friends with. She is as crafty as I am and she knows all about the latest and greatest craft items and techniques. She also loves my children as her own and for that, I love her.

I have that one friend who I can tell all my deepest and darkest secrets to and she wouldn't even flinch. She has probably "been there, done that" so I feel a great level of acceptance and love from this friend.

I have a new friend who makes me feel a lot less like the mutant liberal in my circle of friends :) She has a lot of the same goals and dreams as I do, wants to make herself into the same type of person that I aspire to be. Even though she is a new friend, I think she will be a lifelong one. I look forward to being on the same wavelength with her for a long time.

And then there is one that, though our views could not be anymore different, I admire her because she is educated in her views and we can talk about things with a great deal of respect for each other. She is a "mom of boys" and a mom that I admire because she parents with a great amount of confidence and conviction. She also lets me enable her in scrapbooking a lot and I love to enable!

I have a friend who I feel is always ready to let me walk right through her door and stay for as long as I want to. She is also a creative gal and when I show her my scrapbook goodies, she oohs and ahhhs appropriately! I can talk makeup with her and I let her critique my makeup job :) She cares about my family deeply and I love her children as my own.

The next time I see you, tell me who you think you are so I can thank you :)

3 comments:

Anonymous

I am the one who is honored and blessed to be called your friend.

Anonymous

You ended my day on the perfect note.
Thank you....
(see you in the morning) :)

Anonymous

What a wonderful thing to read first thing in the morning. I hope you know that there are many people who count themselves lucky to have you in their lives. You have expanded my horizons with your creativity and heart.

Related Posts with Thumbnails