Sunday, May 11, 2008

Run Report

Happy Mother's Day to all of the mums that read this blog! I may not know some of you but the ones I do know are all wonderful and deserve a special day every day.

For Mother's Day, I treated myself to a 5 mile run, the longest run I have ever done. I made it in 39 mins and 20 seconds. The great part about it was that during the run, it became clear to me that I WILL survive the 11 k (6.8 miles) race that I have at the end of June. Yay!

It got me thinking back to my first day of the Couch to 5K program that I did. Doing the 60 seconds of running intervals just about put me in my grave. And here I am today running for almost 40 mins straight! In 4 short months.

I am always on the lookout for great songs to run to. I know some of you run or workout so I am going to share my favorites with you:

1) Shut Up and Let Me Go by The Ting Tings: This one is one of those catchy and quirky girly songs but the tune is so cute and fun. It's the song that is on the Apple Ipod commercials right now.

2) Eye of the Tiger by Survivor: This one is self explanatory. I put this one near the middle of my run because it gives me a great boost.

3) Feelin' So Good by Jennifer Lopez: The lyrics to this one are great to exercise to and it's a fun and upbeat song.

Those are my top 3 :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails